Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Mixed feelings

This Sunday was a beautiful summer day. We sat outside on the yard at a friend's house, and it was warm and sunny. We left to go home at 10 pm, and it was still sunny and warm. We sat in an bus at 10.30pm and I was looking outside, we were talking about moving. I was really excited, but at the same time I could not stop looking at the scenery outside the window, and thinking how much I love this place. Everything is familiar. I saw a bus number 65 and thought "I know by heart where that goes. When we move, I won't know anything."
It was such a beautiful night and I realized how I'm really jumping into unknown. There will be no white summer nights, there will be no buses that I would know where they go.
Tears just starting flowing down my cheeks. I was not sad, though. I don't even really know what the feeling was. Because at the same time I was also really looking forward to our leaving.

Some days I have strong feelings to one direction or the other. Some days I feel numb.

I'm scared, but at the same time I know I'm not alone. I will have my husband who has promised to take care of me, and also our dog is coming along. Our whole small family is together. That's what makes it a home, right??

I've been listening to this on repeat. Thanks to this song, I can handle my feelings a bit better.




On a more practical note:

Kennel ordered
Dog insurance canceled
Home insurance bought
Bank chosen
Affidavit of support fee paid!

I was ready to explode again because of the unclear directions on the NVC (national visa center, btw) website about paying the affidavit of support fee and the visa fee. It says on one place that it is possible to pay both of them at the same time, but then in a different place it says that this option is only for attorneys and agents. So I was like how am I supposed to now know what to do?!
Patience is a virtue..... Logging into the online payment site, I was only given the option of paying just the affidavit of support fee. 
So... better just to be patient and see how things turn out than to panic... How many times have I learned that and still don't apply it?! :D

So. Now waiting for the payment to go through so we can send out the papers.

No comments:

Post a Comment