Thursday, June 14, 2012

Dogs & airplanes

So I've been trying to find out how to bring our lovely labrador with us. Not so simple!
I don't want him to have to fly any more than maximum of two flights. So that narrows down the airline options quite a bit... AA, LH and BA are really the only options. 
AA however has a restriction of max 45 kilos with the kennel and the dog, so that will be tight. Probably our dog will be a couple of kilos over that.
LH is the most expensive, flights are about 200-300 euros more per person.
BA I stopped caring about when I was too tired to read all the fine print -  apparently it's not so easy to travel with an animal through a country which basically is an island - plus it's expensive.


Also there are temperature restrictions, meaning that if the weather forecast for any of the legs of our journey is saying it will be more than +32 degrees Celsius, he will not be allowed on the plane.


So. Do we take the cheap flights, take the risk that he is not accepted on the plane because he is too heavy?
Or do we take the expensive flights, and have it be too hot on that day, so that he is not allowed on the plane, and we wasted our money?
Decisions decisions.... we came to the conclusion that we'll go for the cheap one, since a hot day is too likely anyways. I'll have to come back to get my visa a couple months after our move anyways, so I will then bring him with me if he is too big for the first flight or if it's too hot.
It breaks my heart though to leave him here for over two months!!
Look at this face, I mean look at him saying "please don't leave me!"



But maybe we get lucky and he is accepted on the plane with us on the first try :)


No comments:

Post a Comment