Monday, June 25, 2012

We have an address!

Suddenly everything feels so much more real. We have an ADDRESS!

It turned out that a 2 bedroom place opened up in the same apartment complex, and we were offered that one. It was unrenovated though, so we turned it down. Then our contact person there e-mailed us and said that "I talked to my manager, and she said we can have it renovated for you guys before you move in if you still want it." Awesome! It will be about $150 more per month, but hey, one more room, which will be pretty good when we have guests, and brand new carpet, wall paint, AND kitchen cabinets and appliances! Sweeeet... Plus I think that was pretty good service from these people.

We also have the flight tickets now, so official moving day is AUGUST 7th. 6 more weeks. YIKES!

Also we got awesome news; our good friends - family of 4, Finnish wife, American husband -  are also moving back to the US around the same time! They have been living in Finland for about 6 years now, and it was time for them to get somewhere sunnier too... ;) So now they will be living in Houston, "only" 17 hrs drive from us! :D Funny how the distances change from being "OMG THAT'S SO FAR" to "not bad at all" once you move from a tiny country like Finland into a HUGE country that is  bigger than my old continent ;)

It's also funny how much it made me feel calmer when I heard about our friends moving also. It means that we are not the only "crazy" ones to leave the "perfect" Finland behind. It means that someone we know from home will be there, a driving distance away. Feels good.

I was supposed to get my visa application papers within 30 days from my I-130 petition being approved. 30 days has now passed... So now I have to start e-mailing them as asking where the heck my papers are?!
I need to get my papers in before we leave... otherwise it will mean one MORE trip back just because of this visa stuff.

So now moving on from apartment and flight ticket stuff to visa stuff. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment